“Desire is the key to motivation, but it is determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”

-Mario Andretti

Sunday, January 21, 2007

In today's Modesto Bee (Sunday) there is an article entitled "Nursing students decry planned lottery". According to the article the California Community College Chancellors Office is pushing for all Nursing programs to moved to a lottery system to determine who gets into the program. From my understanding, this would mean that you get in based on luck, not qualifications.
The article is pretty interesting and worth reading. It is in Section B- Local News. Here is a link to the article online : http://www.modbee.com/local/story/13218335p-13856155c.html

Erin

2 comments:

Bonnie Boss said...

My class, Spring of 05, was the first class to get into the program on our own merits rather than the luck of the draw after Delta did away with their lottery program. The lottery was sad, some people had been waiting for 10 years to get in. I had missed it by 1 person the semester previous.
I know that I would rather have nurse who taking care of me because of his or her know how rather than luck.

liana said...

I agree

What are your top 3 song choices for graduation?